Tuesday 2 February 2016

OUGD406 - Study Task 01 - Secret 7

Today's study task comprised of creating two album covers based on one seven songs from the 2015 secret 7 designs in preparation for my own entry to this years competition. I was to choose from:

The Rolling Stones: Dead Flower
Diana Ross and the Supremes: Reflections
Underworld: Born Slippy (Nuxx)
The Chemical Brothers: Let Forever Be
St Vincent: Digital Witness
Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer
The maccabees: Go

I looked at all these songs to start with as there was not one prolific song that stood out above the rest. I decided to use a song that I was less familiar with yet still had strong underlying themes and portrayed more simple ideas. Because of this, I used St Vincent's Digital Witness.

There were two covers that we were asked to make. One was to have an obvious link to my chosen song and the other must be more ambiguous. I started this study task by sketching out my designs. I then translated these sketches onto illustrator. Despite not being essential I believe this was the most appropriate method to create the most successful designs I could in the time I had.

Below show my designs:

clear link with song



more ambiguous link


No comments:

Post a Comment