Friday 2 December 2016

OUGD503 - Penguin - Type Experiments

I experimented with type in a number of ways. I first looked at what typeface would be most appropriate for heading and body copy, then how type could be best placed on the page in relation to image and white space. It's important that these design decisions consider the brief; focussing on being shocking and in tune with the book.



I used san serif typefaces within my experimentation as felt they best convey shocking emotions. Out of the typefaces I looked at I found Trebuchet to be most suitable. This came after consulting a number of my peers on my options and ideas behind their use.


I wanted my type placement experiments to be bold and in caps relating to shocking themes. I came up with different options to work around my shoe print design on the front of the book cover. The examples can be seen above.

No comments:

Post a Comment