Tuesday 31 January 2017

OUGD503 - Gilly Cuts leaflet design

I have previously looked at leaflet and poster design. I recognised that isolating the head/ hair works well to portray this mobile hairdressing service. I first drew out a number of leaflet designs, looking at different and interesting concepts that could be furthered after a meeting with my client. At first I had the opportunity to experiment in any way I would like however the leaflet was to be A5, double sided and to include the price list and important information. My preliminary sketches can be seen below.


I brought my two favourite designs to my client for feedback. He suggested I developed them further using sketch form then brought them into illustrator so he could understand them more. These can be seen below.




As the photography hasn't been completed as of yet I decided to use a pattern within my designs. This was an experimental free design that used duo tone colours to fit with the identity of the project. This was something my client liked and wanted to use before the shoot had been done.

Idea 1





Idea 2




I showed these designs to my client who decided to use the second design as a photo shoot had not yet been done for the final leaflet. A first print of 100 would work as a test print so the work can be seen as a physical piece making it easier to evaluate and change before a final, bigger print.

No comments:

Post a Comment