Wednesday 15 March 2017

OUGD503 - Collaborative - poster research

As the design of the poster and graphics used within the campaign was another aspect of the project I would be part of, I decided to look into the different things incorporated in this part of the design process.

My research started progressively, with me first looking at poster design that I liked and may be appropriate for the brief.

Posters

Type and image

Printworks





















Typography
I felt like the type would need to standout and attract my specific audience. Because of the importance of the slogan within our campaign, I felt it must be legible across various media. These were factors I considered whilst looking at type examples.

The Photographers Gallery



The use of type and image works well on The Photographers' Gallery's posters. The type is bold and easy to read meaning all information is likely to be picked up by the target audience.















First Things First Manifesto


The typography and layout used within this design is simple yet effective. The typeface used is bold and eye catching however this is partly down to the white space surrounding it.

Further Research





No comments:

Post a Comment