Thursday 23 March 2017

OUGD503 - collaborative - putting tattoos on the skin

One other role I had within this brief was to design the tattoos for the creative persona portrayed by Tommi. These images would be based off monotype fonts to relate better to the brief and would be created for the photos featured within the photoshoot blog post. This was also inspired by the monotype tattoos featured within a video in my previous research. I looked at typographical tattoos first to help influence my own work. 







These were followed by sketches and typesetting experiments using quotes and meaningful phrases that I felt related to the brief.



I began to bring these typesetting sketches onto the photos I had taken of Tommi. Using my skills on photoshop I was able to produce images that represented a creative using typographic tattoos. My responses can be seen below:




I also helped a number of people within my group with editing photos and their own tattoo mockups so that all would work well together on the final posters and video. Working together in this way has helped to link all work within the project together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment