Monday 6 March 2017

OUGD503 - Gilly Cuts - Evaulation and final mock ups

This project has been the first where I have been able to bring client and uni work together. Although I have encountered some difficulties at times during the design process, I feel my planning and organisation has kept me on track throughout. Having numerous outcomes has given me the opportunity to run a consistent aesthetic throughout the brand’s identity. The strong, eye catching golden colour scheme was found to be popular amongst the student based target audience alongside the developed overlapping sections resembling a scrap book.

Working with a client and developing our relationship has taught me a number of things for the future. I found how it is important to understand what the client wants from the brief so we can both agree on outcomes later in the design process, it is also important to remain in contact with the client so I could ask for feedback or his opinion. I was lucky enough to know the client on a personal level so could ask as many questions as I wanted.

My client has also given me the opportunity to art direct this project which has been my first time doing so. This was something I found enjoyable, from directing the photo shoot to helping to bring the work I have produced to print. Having full control over the brief meant my final outcomes were how I’d like them. After consulting with my client after the project I was able to uncover his thoughts on the outcomes. His feedback was positive noting that my response has received praise amongst student clients.


When working with a client in the future I must make sure I maintain levels of communication as I have done in this project as found it useful whilst producing outcomes. I must also focus on research more as this can be useful for understanding the target audience and brand itself.





No comments:

Post a Comment