Sunday 14 May 2017

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 01 - Final poster and Evaluation

Studio Brief 01 asked me to produce a poster using traditional print for an event that has already happened. As I have spent a lot of time in Leeds in the past five years, I found the beginning research element within this brief easier than most. At this stage, I found a number of events that would work well for this brief however after feedback decided I would be creating a poster for Unity Day.

As I have been to Unity Day twice, I had a good understanding of the event and knew how best to portray the celebration. I had heard from locals about the beginnings of the event however further research helped me decide on ideas for my final poster. In many ways this previous knowledge has been useful whilst producing my designs and has shown me the usefulness of primary research and talking to people involved with the event.

I decided to use screen printing as my chosen traditional print method as this may be the method I would use if the poster was actually produced. This also worked well for my own, original prints however I found I struggled with this process again because of my hand. Although there were inconsistencies in the block colour part most of my prints, I felt this actually worked well on the poster and added character to the design.

I felt my time planning was constructive to my design process and final outcome as meant I could finish the brief in time for studio brief 02. Although my broken hand may have impeded my timing with this module, my planning throughout has meant I have finished work to a high standard before the deadline.







No comments:

Post a Comment