Sunday 29 April 2018

OUGD603 - Casper Tape - Record Cover Experimentation

I found it difficult working with Jack as he often wanted to change what I was producing. Because of this, I decided to have Jack help me produce the layout of the record sleeve. I did this by printing out different elements of the design I had produced and working with him to lay them out on paper. This worked well as I was able to get a better understanding of what he wanted to include within the design and how he thought it would be best laid out. This way I could work exactly to the clients needs. Having a good working relationship with the client is essential, I also believe having face to face contact with the client is the best way to produce final outcomes which both me and the client are happy with. I felt it was easier to influence his decision whilst working with him, this would also work well for the style we had decided to use. This meant I could photograph the results and use them on my final designs, moving them around appropriately on photoshop if needed. The below images show the varied layouts we came up with.






After photographing the results I added them to a record cover layout, keeping the same ideas Jack and I produced in our experimentation. I felt this design worked well however the space looked empty. I decided to experiment with this, adding various backgrounds I felt could work to better fill up the negative space without adding anymore elements (such as those already seen on there) which make the design look too busy.



The background I decided to use can be seen below. The grain and ambiguous shapes work well alongside the handmade look of the rest of the cover. 



I produced 4 different colour schemes to this cover to show to m client. I tried to choose more pastel colours as this is what Jack had asked for in the last feedback session apposed to the more neon colour used within experimentation.






No comments:

Post a Comment