Saturday 21 April 2018

OUGD603 - Secret 7 - Brief

Secret 7 will be my main competition brief on this module. The brief requires me to produce a record sleeve for one of the seven given songs on the website. These songs vary in genre and structure however all have hidden meanings so this should be looked into and shown within my development and final outcome.

I want to complete this brief in 5 days as this will help me to produce a brief from start to finish under the pressure of a time constraint. This will in turn hopefully help me to focus on one brief at a time as I am currently managing various projects at once. This will hopefully result in a more concise and developed final outcome.

The target audience for this brief also varies as it will depend whether my end results make it through the competition to the final exhibition. Despite this, I should focus on producing a design that is concept driven and will appeal to the judges. Because of this, research is an essential part of my design process and I must focus on this in the early stages of the brief so my final outcomes are well directed and thought out.

The songs given in this years secret seven competition are all very different from each other. Because of this, I have decided to give myself some constraints when producing covers. I would like to produce a cover that would be appropriate if it was produced in the era the song was released. However, I decided the outcome must be ambiguous. I would also like to experiment with various mediums as much of my work results in a digital outcome. I will look into producing my outcomes using illustration, collage and other more traditional techniques. This will also be essential to look at in more within my research.

The songs are as follows:

The Clash - I'm not down

London Grammar - Help

Manic Street Preachers - No surface all feeling

Primal Scream - Damaged

Jimmy Hendrix - Castles full of sand

Jeff Buckley - Lover, you should've come over

Eurythmics - I saved the world today

The next stage in my design process will be to extensively research these 7 songs and start to think which will be chosen for m final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment