Tuesday 8 November 2016

OUGD504 - Binding experiments and dimensions of my book

The dimensions of the publication should be appropriate for its use as a coffee table book. As seen in my previous research, coffee table books are often distinguishably larger than other photo books, they are also sometimes uniquely shaped. I have experimented with the different sizes I thought would work well within the publication. 

This also gave me the opportunity to experiment with both perfect binding and saddle stitch. 

Saddle Stitch





Perfect Bind






As I am still unsure what size would work best, I will start creating my publication on an A5 layout as this is one of my options and can be adjusted easily to my other sizes if need be. Despite this, I found the perfect bind to work best for my publication to convey bespoke and attractive qualites.

No comments:

Post a Comment