Monday 14 November 2016

OUGD504 - user interface problems

After looking through my UXD mind map and looking at which ideas work work well for my own project, I narrowed my choice down to the 3 problems I feel needed improving most.

1.
One problematic interface that I encounter daily is estudio. This site is difficult to use because of its amount of text and is dull to look at because of its poor colour choices. This adds to its poor user experience. Once you have progressed through the site it is also difficult to return to the initial home screen making it hard to navigate.






Complaints about this interface are often heard around the studio especially when documents are hidden behind numerous links. This site should be clear and easy to use for the student and tutor based target audience who will now what they want to find when searching on the program.

I feel that if I was to work on this idea, it would be good to combine a number of other work resources such as a blog and calendar.


2. 
My second problem is aimed towards designers and how they often encounter fonts on a daily basis which they may like and want to use but cannot identify them. Although there are a number of companies that already do this, there are none that work successfully as are often difficult to use or have a dated interface that doesn't attract the design conscious target audience. I must explore the different ways I could tackle this problem if I am to tackle this problem within my brief.

3.
During research I noticed there was a gap in the market for informative cycling apps. There were sport interfaces such as Eurosport and BBC sport that covered a brief overview of cycling and big races however there was no app that successfully brought all the information needed to know about professional cycling together. I felt this would be an interesting topic to explore as it is also something I am interested in and have knowledge about.

Info about teams, rider profiles and race calendars often require numerous searches on google. The user experience for my cycling enthusiastic audience would be able to find all this information in one place, as well as the opportunity to see any races with a live stream.

I feel that all these ideas could work well. I will explain them in a crit for feedback on the most appropriate to move forward within my brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment