Tuesday 8 November 2016

OUGD504 - further layouts

My photos were placed into a practice layout on indesign so I could start advancing with the production of my publication. 





I tried to pair up photos that worked well together such as this example showing the extent of Barcelona's development through commercial type on skyscrapers. 


I included examples of the more traditional type. This photo on the left is the only in the publication that doesn't include type. Despite this, I felt it should be shown with the corresponding type on the right, seen inside the building.




I also tried to show the diversity in Barcelona through contrasting photos such as the towering architecture of Gaudi coupled with a photo of a male dancer outside the erotic museum.


I enlarged some of my photos to double page spread size however kept away from using full bleed images as this wouldn't suit my minimal publication.


I looked at including the title: 'Barcelona' on the side of the page however found it drew the eye away from the content itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment