Tuesday 8 November 2016

OUGD504 - stock choice

It is important that the stock choice is appropriate for the sophisticated photo book I hope to create. I thought it was best that I looked through G.F Smith's sample book so I could easily see all the stock in one place. After looking at the stock I could get, I picked a few samples that worked well.






















These paper stocks work well because of the off-white colour which abides by Jan Tschichold's rule to not have an overly bright white pages. Some paper I looked at however, was coated and so may not be suitable for print. I focused more on heavier weights of stock as this is what I found to be most common in coffee table books 

I have also looked at other types of paper such as those available in the digital print room at uni. This stock available comes in a few different weights.

Because of both convenience and quality of paper, I will use the 120gsm stock in the print room.

No comments:

Post a Comment