Tuesday 8 November 2016

OUGD504 - Book Binding workshop

I attended a book binding workshop today to refresh my skills and help answer any further questions about what method I should use for my own project. By the end of the workshop I had produced a saddle stitch, case bound book proving how easy it would be to make my publication this way. This bind and hard cover combination is also durable and can be made to industry standard.







This workshop also gave me an insight into perfect binding. Although I haven't experimented with this process previously, the tutor at the session noted that perfect bound books are often unreliable as the glue often fails. This can happen with both industry standard books and those created within uni however, the strength of glue is typically stronger in industry. Despite this, perfect binding is often cleaner and neater than a saddle stitch. I will there fore experiment with both binding methods for my publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment