Friday 25 November 2016

OUGD503 - Penguin - Developed ideas

Feedback from my critique told me to focus on my shoe print idea however I must continue developing this concept through sketches. I first looked at illustrating the image I found by hand.






I then decided to try digitally manipulate the image in a number of ways to see what I could produce.



























I decided to ask a number of my peers on their opinions on my designs, noting the half tone designs looked a little . They proposed that I experiment with the position of the shoes print extensively, looking at how type can be placed in conjunction to image and how this can effect how the cover is portrayed. This will be done using sketches however my favourite designs will be brought to screen for further experimentation.

I must now look at how I can include the mandatory typographical elements such as the title, authors name and blurb (etc) on the front, back and spine. This should be informed by my research on other book covers and the brief requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment