Monday 7 November 2016

OUGD504 - Critique no2

The critique today looked at explaining the final publication concept to a group of 8 for further feedback on my work so far. I talked about my idea's progression to having my content based on the two events that pushed urban development in Barcelona and showing the different styles seen throughout Barcelona such as Modernisme and art nouveau. However, I noted that I wanted the publication to primarily be used as an informative coffee table book rather than a travel guide with the content focus being my photos.

We discussed target audience further, noting how the design conscious looking at my book would be attracted to a bespoke, well made book with an informed layout and beautiful photos. However, this may differ for those looking to find out more about Barcelona or want to use it to help make an informed route around the city.

One idea my group had to tackle both target audiences was to continue making a bespoke publication but include a smaller, zine style editorial where users can cross off photos as they find them within the city. This concept would work well within my publication to engage my audience and help create interest throughout however, I still want my publication to focus on the typography I had photographed around the city, something which people may find hard to locate using just my photos an may distract them from noticing the photography. I also added that this may take the focus away from my content. Because of this, I feel I should moe away from the idea of a travel guide and focus more on a photo book with interesting and engaging content.

No comments:

Post a Comment