Tuesday 8 November 2016

OUGD504 - final considerations

There were still a number of design decisions left to consider within my project. One of which included choosing the most appropriate colour and stock for my end. These pages will attach my content to the book cover and will be the first thing the reader will see when opening my book. Because of this, it is imperative that the stock works with the rest of the book.

Because of the red and gold colour way within the Catalonian flag, I feel a red inside page would work well with the gold foiling on the front. The paper used mustn't be too thick as this page will be stuck to the first and last page of my content however, must still convey quality and have a bespoke look. I will use GF Smith Colourplan red stock with 120gsm.

My second consideration will be to select the most appropriate stock on the front cover. I printed my selected image on two types of photo paper. These were satin and matte. After asking a number of my peers which type of paper worked best, I arrived on the satin as the blacks were more clear than on the matte despite there being more of a reflective shine on my chosen stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment