Tuesday 8 November 2016

OUGD504 - content

I decided to write my final content before I needed to print my book. I did my first draft in my sketchbook and used the ideas from my chat with Nick as reference.

The diversity of type within Barcelona today can be explained by the social upheaval and urban development after Francisco Franco’s death in 1975. The dramatic evolution of Barca post dictatorships caused a wide range of Catalonian styles to emerge around the city.

Typography advanced further as Barcelona was awarded the 1992 summer Olympic games. Commercial type appeared through the excitement as tourists flocked to the previously deprived Spanish streets. This caused well known shops to open and advertisements from globally recognised companies to become more common.

No comments:

Post a Comment